Need to smog my rally car...

To: Bay Area Autocross <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need to smog my rally car...
From: Viet-Tam Luu <viettamluu@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:28:10 -0800
I got my VW Corrado rally car back from Bugformance yesterday and they
did a good job tuning up the engine; turned out the O2 sensor and temp
sensor were bad, causing the ECU to dump fuel into the engine and run
super-rich. With that now fixed, and a new exhaust and cat installed,
the car runs pretty well and almost smells cleaner than my Evo even.

I believe the car will pass the smog "sniffer" test; but visual is
another thing... I need to find a smog shop that's not necessarily
crooked, but just a bit lenient about the visual inspection, and
understanding that the car is a race car primarily for off-road use.

If anyone knows a place they've had a good experience with, let me know...

Thanks!

--
Viet-Tam Luu (a.k.a. "Tam")
SFR-SCCA Solo2 #14 ESP