Buyer Beware! Guy Ankeny & Guy Ankeny Racing

To: autox@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Buyer Beware! Guy Ankeny & Guy Ankeny Racing
From: J J <ur_4_evr@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 07:20:26 -0800 (PST)
I had posted to this list looking for autoX advice as I am new. I was contacted
via this list by Guy Ankeny. He offered to sell me shocks and an exhaust for my
stock class car. I asked if the exhaust was smog legal and legal for the class
and he said it was. He also said that he built the exhaust and it added 10
hp.Guy said he would refund my money if I was NOT happy with the exhaust.
Naively I took him for his word. After all a SCCA member wouldn't cheat another
member, RIGHT!
I installed the exhaust and it is not legal for street. I asked for a refund
and he refused. Please learn from my mistake! Do NOT buy from him! He doesn't
keep his word. Please feel free to contact me for details.