Lotus (was: Triumph TR8s)

To: ba-autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lotus (was: Triumph TR8s)
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:32:57 EST
In a message dated 11/10/04 9:24:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jesvilla@comcast.net writes:

> As an owner of one model of the persecuted brand, I feel the pressure too,
> and have been excluded for various reasons from SM2, none of which really
> matters more than just being originally manufactured as a LOTUS.

I think it has a lot more to do with very small 900-1500 lb cars being very
potent autocross cars, and you make more people happy by excluding that very
small number of cars than you do by inclluding them.  OTOH, there are some
larger and heavier Lotus cars thaprobably could be included.  But the people
who
want to autocross their Lotus don't usually drive Esprits or Eclats.

And the U.S legal Elise is legal in Stock, assumably SP, and Prpeared
(including non US legal versions.)  I think we're doing an excellent job of
accepting
Lotus cars at this point in time.

Charlie