AC repairs

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: AC repairs
From: Phil Esra <pesra@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:49:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hi people, my Miata has a leaking AC condenser. Can anyone tell me
(generally speaking) how hard AC repairs are to do for an untalented
shadetree mechanic? Would I need any special tools? I can get the parts
from Mazda for cheap.

Also, anybody have a shop manual for a '99 that I can borrow to
research whether I want to tackle this? Ordinarily I'd turn it over to
a shop, but my local mechanic wants $840 to replace the condenser and
dryer--yeeouch.

Thanks!

Phil