RE: Unofficial Noob Guide to National Events

To: Bryan Nemy <bnemy@pacbell.net>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Unofficial Noob Guide to National Events
From: "Thana, Peter {HTS~Palo Alto}" <peter.thana@ROCHE.COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:48:01 -0700
>Thanks for the info!

No problem.  I try to help others as I've been helped before.  I still
remember my first national event- San Diego Tour in 2001.  While I was
casually yabbering with friends on grid, Katie Elder came up and grabbed
as many of us noobs as she could by the scruffs of our necks.  She took
us over to the trailer where the audit sheets got posted and explained
the entire process to us.  Wasn't hardly a couple hours later when I
finished my last run of the first day- took off a whole second but they
called a cone on me- a cone I didn't remember hitting.  I went to look
at the sheets and the cone was marked on the master radio log, but
nowhere on the actual audit sheets.  I was able to get it removed before
final results were posted.  In my mind, that's how people in this region
should help each other.

Oh and one other tip- if you have a codriver and you need to go check
the audit sheets between runs, *leave the key in the car*.  Don't ask me
how I learned that one=)

Peter