Monterey Historics

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Monterey Historics
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 00:44:40 EDT
Wow!  9 Ford GT40's (including a Mk IV) on the track, and several more Mk Is
and IIs and 5 or 6 Mk IVs (I didn't know there were that many in existence!!)
on display.  The new Ford GT was there, not a test mule, but a nicely finished
car, white with blue stripes. Incredible!  CAV had running GT-40 replicas for
$70-80,000 and there was a Superformance street (roll-up windows, upholstery,
stereo and A/C) Daytona Coupe, Birkins, Beck 550 Spyder and Lister, and on
and on...

The races were great (make sure to check 'em out on Speedvision) and at the
Saturday lunch break they showed the Bugatti EB110 by driving it around the
track.  The driver came over the hill at turn one, braked for 2 and SPUN THE
CAR
OUT!!!
He didn't hit anything, but radioed in for a change of clothes...  Either the
driver or the person who set the front/rear brake bias will be posting a
resume tomorrow, I'm guessing!  The communications between turns 1 and 2 and
communications central are probably priceless!

Charlie