Re: Fear and Loathing in AP

To: "Charles Cox" <charles@coastalbay.com>,
Subject: Re: Fear and Loathing in AP
From: "James Creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:52:24 -0700
>FFR Cobra shows the stock (dry)weight at 2,305# so I can only assume if you
>can get the Miata to 1750# you should easily be able to get the FFR from
>2305 to 2000#, right?)

2305 is pretty heavy for an FFR with a small block, even with a full tank of
gas. most of them weigh in between 2100 and 2200.  the later ones are a
little heavier but lots stiffer.  mine is going on a diet, i figure i can
strip out about 125-150 lbs without compromising streetability or
maintenance.  thats with keeping the glass windshield.

the lightest one i know of is 1850 lbs, sporting a 600hp motor as i recall
too.  giddyup!

james