Re: Miatas & Konis?

To: Dan Williamson <muyrapido@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Miatas & Konis?
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 12:02:28 -0700
On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 11:27:59AM -0700, Dan Williamson wrote:

>Now if you have a car that is equipped with the Sport suspension and
>Bilstein shocks then the Koni's would be softer at full soft than the
>Bilsteins.

My sense (having just swapped in the Konis from stiffer-than-stock
Bilsteins) is that while the Konis at full soft don't transmit the big
slow bumps, they tend to chatter more over rough spots than the Bilsteins.

I've been driving around with the Konis on autocross settings.
They're not too bad.  You can see that I'm the wrong guy to ask about
comfort :-)

Dan: Adjustable Bilsteins?  From Shocktek, Moriss, or...?

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94