RE: fatal flaw in my car?

To: "James Creasy" <james@thevenom.net>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: fatal flaw in my car?
From: "Rick Brown" <rbrown7@covad.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:58:10 -0800
I have and Allis Chalmers tractor with actual Kingpins. <g>
You don't have kingpins, it's the angle through
the upper and lower ball joint centerlines.

If you're moving pick up points on the upper A-arms up and down,
be careful about what you do to roll center location and bump
steer.  There are suspension geometry programs around that let
you model all this before you start hackin' n welden'.

It's been my experience with SP and P cars over the years that
there are many more ways to make stock suspension work worse
than work better.

-- Rick Brown