The proposed women's only racing series

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: The proposed women's only racing series
From: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Date: 13 Jan 2003 22:18:49 -0000
I'm seeing this series as a positive with the potential of providing some
talented female drivers with another means of getting into racing.

Yes, it's far from perfect in an inperfect world, but I don't see anything on
the web site that suggests that this is a disengenious scam leading to
disaster. I see lots and lots of compromises and pure hype to get and keep
Corporate sponsors and television networks on board. That part of it reminds me
of SPEED promoting themselves last year as the 24-hour NASCAR channel to
(over)promote what turned out to be old stuff repeated endlessly in off hours.
I prefer to wait and see with some cautious optimism what happens with this
series.

Rich

On a more personal note, I don't respond much to direct personal attacks
anymore, and if I thought that ANYONE on this list was so naive as to do or
think anything just because I said so, I wouldn't post anything here.

Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at
http://isp.BlueLight.com