Re:Roadster; was: Helmet

To: jerry@moutons.org
Subject: Re:Roadster; was: Helmet
From: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Date: 9 Jan 2003 09:20:29 -0000
On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 22:48:59 -0800 Jerry Mouton <jerry@moutons.org> wrote:
>Jaguar really invented the word "roadster".

Redefined it or provided the quintessential definition for baby boomer sports
car enthusiasts maybe but invented, no. The word was applied to buggies in the
early 1800's and was applied to automobiles in the days of rumble seats.

Your post about the XK's made me smell that peculiar combination of burnt oil
and carbon that would fill the cabin of our wonderfully long-legged 140 after
about three minutes of continual acceleration on the newly opened (and
desolate) I-75.
Rich

Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at
http://isp.BlueLight.com