Ackerman

To: "ba-autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ackerman
From: "Charles Cox" <charles@coastalbay.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 14:15:18 -0800
Actually moving the rack will change the Ackerman as will toe and other
alignment changes. They are two separate things but are inter-related. If it
could be done, properly setup Ackerman steering would align the king-pin
centerline with the steering arm to tie-rod end connection with the
centerline of the rear axle.  Unfortunately, there are many variables that
change this effect some of which include king pin angle, height and location
of steering rack, height and angle of steering arm, etc. You also need to
consider bump-steer, roll-steer, roll-couple among other things.

Charles
mailto:charles@coastalbay.com