Re: ghetto cross weighting?

To: "Barry Spencer" <bspencer@tsoft.com>,
Subject: Re: ghetto cross weighting?
From: "james creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 18:47:26 -0700
$75 isnt too bad, but trying to drop a car off and pick it up is a ginormous
hassle when you work 5 days week.  however, theres no room at home to use
those lever thingys.

i hadnt considered this before, but lots of caster makes the corner weights
change everytime you turn the wheel.  i think ill dial mine down.  the
greased plates are to reduce the effect of side loading.

and of course, this should be done with the sway bars disconnected so the
preload will be correct.

think its too much trouble to fool with cross weights?  david borden kept
wondering why he would get 1.4 g's on left turns and only 1.2 g's on right
turns.  crossweights.  and thats a big difference.

thanks all, ill keep thinking.

-james c