RE: question: high temperature hose

To: "'Autocross'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: question: high temperature hose
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 07:49:08 -0700
Carl came up with a nice and simple solution, making me feel silly for
not thinking of it myself. Turns out the highest temperature flexible
hose I can find is brake hose, which is rated to the dry boiling point
of DOT 4 brake fluid, around 450 F. This is even higher than turbo or
stainless steel hoses, which are rated to 300-350 F.

Thanks for the help!