Re: Trophy payout at Nationals

To: Pat Kelly <lollipop487@attbi.com>,
Subject: Re: Trophy payout at Nationals
From: Andy McKee <andrewmckee@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 14:26:28 -0700 (PDT)
See the Rulebook, pg. 80, sect 11.1 Awards.  Basically, it is 1 in 3 (round up)
until you get to more than 9 entrants, then 1 in 4 (round up).  I don't know
how up to date the entrant number per class is when making the calculation
(pre-registered, actually ran, etc.).  BP is odd in that 10 are listed in the
results, though the 10th place finisher had no times.  Maybe he registered at
the event, but for some reason did not run.

Using GS as an example I get 3 trophies for the first 9 people.  That leaves
43-9 = 34 for the 1 out of 4 calc.  34/4 = 8.5, which rounds up to 9.  9 + 3 =
12 trophies.

Hopefully the rest are consistent.

-Andy