Re: I've got to say...

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I've got to say...
From: Alan Gruner <algruner@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 16:27:08 -0700 (PDT)
--- Jake Hodges <jake@codeworm.com> wrote:

> After the entire season, Alan and I were 20 points
> apart for second place
> (behind Stan's German-built super-car..)  Sunday
> morning, Alan's car
> broke.  Neither of us wanted to let such an exciting
> season end like that,
> so we both drove my car.  Alan beat me the last time
> we both drove the Sol,
> so it wasn't totally unfair.   We even flipped a
> coin to see who would have
> to drive first.

Thank you Jake for being such a great sport and
letting me have a shot at the second place trophy.
This is the second time he let me drive his car when
mine needed work. Hopefully when my second front wheel
bearing is replace I won't have worry about it for
another few years.

> Alan put on an amazing show.  I can't belive how
> smooth he looked in my
> body-rolling crate from outside the car.  I also
> can't belive that second
> place was decided by only .150 seconds in the very
> last run of the last
> event of the season.  I couldn't have asked for a
> more exciting year.  I do
> have to admit... I sure am glad we didn't get four
> runs on Sunday!

It sure would have been nice to have four runs on
Sunday. :)

> Alan, thanks for your
> instruction, your head trips
> (Yeah, I bet you know where you left that second on
> the course, buddy...),
> humor, and for not hitting me in the head with your
> torque wrench that one
> time.. Or that other time... Or that other time.
> And thanks for continuing
> to not hit me in the head with your torque wrench
> for as long as you're
> able to keep that up.

You don't need to worry about the torque wrench. My
parents taught me to take good care of tools. This
means not banging my wrenches against hard objects
like rocks, concrete or your head. You might want to
be careful if I'm rolling fenders with one of the
tools described by Navid or Kirk.

Seriously though, This was an amazingly fun year. My
thanks to Jake and Stan for being great competitors
and friends.

Alan