Re: Car Talk

To: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car Talk
From: Darren Madams <dspyder@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:02:13 -0700 (PDT)
That was very cool!!!  It's segment two for those who are looking specifically
for it.

Charlie, I think it might be related to a number of factors... ABS certainly.
Bigger brakes (more swept area).  More efficient braking systems allow the
ability for quick stops.  Heavier Mercedes?  (Although aren't they aiming for
lighter cars now?).  More performance oriented from the factory?  Braking
numbers sell cars.

I don't buy their "no asbestos" theory... you would think carbon and kevlar
would be much stronger...

A better question is if quality replacement pads have the same wear rate.

     --Darren

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com