Strange noise from front suspension of mustang

To: "SoloII List (E-mail)" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Strange noise from front suspension of mustang
From: "MrPepsi(Brent Johnson)" <Soloii@mrpepsi.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 15:45:19 -0700
I have a 2001 Mustang GT with stock everything but the air cleaner.
I have driven it pretty hard, ie: scca, and Calaveras Rd.

The noise I have heard now, I can feal in the floor boards.
It happens mostly when in stop and go traffic.
It is not engine or clutch dependent, but it is suspension dependent.
I cannot make the noise happen by pushing down on the front end or lifting.
I can however make it happen either starting from a stop, and lifting and
pushing on the accelerator, in gear that is.
It is a click or thump as on a very coarse thread, say an A-arm bracket
loose on the bolt.
A sway bar rubbing against something.
The car has a Plus one half tire change from a 245/45-17 to a 255/40-17
I can't see anything physically and I have not had it on a lift yet.
I can't find anything loose when I remove the tires.
It hasn't gotten worse, or better.
It feels to be coming from the left side of the car.
And definitely the front of the car clearly.

Anyone have any idea before I take it in to the shop.
Anything I might check?