RE: Tour Entry Update

To: "'John J. Stimson-III'" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>, siastuning@attbi.com
Subject: RE: Tour Entry Update
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@ROCHE.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:19:45 -0700
John, you must have missed the email to ba-autox regarding this from Don
McKenna.  The same thing was done in SFR a week or so ago.  We now have a
regional STS-ST PAX to resolve this.  It is .810 for STS and .830 for STX.
Here is what Don said:

quote:

To all:

The SFR SCCA SOLO II Steering Committee (SC), at the monthly meeting held
4-16-02, established region-only indexes for class STS and STX competitors
choosing to run in the Street Tire class.

Effective for future events, starting 4-21-02, STS/STX competitors, who
elect to run with the Street Tire class, will be assigned an index, for use
in calculating their finishing position, other than their regular class
index, as follows:

    STS .810
    STX .830

The reson for this change is to, effectively, "level" the playing field. All
other classes, when running in the Street Tire class, are assigned the index
of their regular DOT "R" or race tire class. Previous to this year, STS
competitors running in the Street Tire class were assigned the index for
class STR.
It was an SC oversight, when the 2002 National rules eliminated class STR
and established class STX, to have not anticipated the possibility that
either, or both, STS/STX class competitors might enter their cars in the SFR
Street Tire class and, as a result, benefit from the use of their "softer"
street-tired class index for calculating Street Tire class finishing
position.

        Don, for the SC

Peter