Re: Round 7 results are posted.

To: Adam Steffes <asteffes@asteffes.com>, Jerry Mouton
Subject: Re: Round 7 results are posted.
From: "Pat Kelly" <lollipop487@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:13:58 -0700
Encourage? The number sign-up book is at registration. Everyone is
encouraged to reserve a number in a specific class...a number that does not
duplicate any other in that class.
A couple of things happen:
1. Folks sign up for a number and never come back or
2. Change classes.
3. Or, never use the reserved number.
:)
What a person does after s/he signs up for a number is get it made, or make
it, minimum height 10 inches, minimum letter stroke 1 inch, in contrasting
color. For instance dark purple on black just doesn't work.
Also s/he needs to also get the class designation letters made, or make
them, and put them on the side of the car. Putting them on windows makes
them harder to read.
Anyone who has worked in T&S knows that nice large, contrasting numbers are
fabulous.
:)
I could search the database by number and class, but find last names work
best, or even addresses (if the handwriting really stinks). If I use number
and class, I find that sometimes a driver will use, say, 18, and next time,
use 81, or 8. That doesn't help...
--Pat K
----------
>From: Adam Steffes <asteffes@asteffes.com>
>To: Jerry Mouton <jerry@moutons.org>
>Cc: Bay_Area_Autocross_List <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Re: Round 7 results are posted.
>Date: Thu, Apr 25, 2002, 10:29 AM
>

> Maybe it would be good to encourage those folks to sign up for permanent
> numbers as a fallback when paperwork gets confused.
>

> ---
> asteffes@asteffes.com    SF Bay Area, California
> Unix Systems Administrator   http://www.asteffes.com
>
> On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Jerry Mouton wrote:
>
>> Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:12:54 -0700
>> From: Jerry Mouton <jerry@moutons.org>
>> To: Bay_Area_Autocross_List <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
>> Subject: Round 7 results are posted.
>>
>> Thanks, Pat!
>>
>> http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/2002/Championship/round7.html
>>
>> By the way, there are a few people who appear to have used
>> different names or different spellings in different events.  This means
>> your points will be split among several phony people, you won't win
>> that trophy you so richly deserve.  We try real hard to make sure these
>> things are put together, but hey, there are several people with the
>> SAME name who are DIFFERENT people.  And, we are not mind
>> readers.  Email Pat Kelly (see bottom of any results page) and
>> me if you have been "split".  Also:
>>
>> - Choose one name with or without Jr. II middle initial, etc. and ALWAYS
>>    use it in SFR events.
>> - Print your name on your card so slowly and carefully that it looks
>>   typed.
>>

>> Jerry Mouton        mailto:jerry@moutons.org    Laissez les bons temps
rouler!