shocks, sunday's course, & excellent customer service

To: "Autocross" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: shocks, sunday's course, & excellent customer service
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:42:55 -0700
Well it turns the shock is totally wasted. The front of the car has been
riding on springs alone, which goes a long way to explain the darty
handling. It's interesting to see how the car handles differently with
no steering damping. The response is delayed in time and exaggerated by
the bouncing motion. Attempting to steer my pogo stick through Sunday's
course and the bumps at Candlestick, I spun the car in the back corner!

BTW, it was a well designed and fun course. That last turn before the
finish line was a real challenge. Too bad the clock didn't work on my
fastest/cleanest run. . . isn't that always how it works?

The Panoz customer service warranty experience really put a smile on my
face. They sent out a new shock, FedEx, and are paying for installation,
reset ride height adjustment, reset 4-corner balancing and alignment at
the shop of my choice. Nothing I've ever experienced tops that in terms
of "customer support". They are truly "the best" and a pleasure to work
with.

OSP - Once Springy Panoz