Re: Let's Talk Minis...and Miatas

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Let's Talk Minis...and Miatas
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:11:34 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: <Nandaholz@aol.com>
To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 12:21 PM

> Automobile Magazine says the next Miata redesign is scheduled for around
> 2004, possibly a 2 Litre motor ..(my guess is the 170hp 2.3 in the new
Mazda
> 6)...and the weight is just over a ton....don't think the champ won't be
read
> to defend the title....

Methinks if they come out with a 170hp Miata weighing just over a ton, the
SEB will probably put it in B Stock.  Given that a '99 Miata Sport and a
MR2-S are fairly closely matched, I suspect a new Miata such as Automobile
describes would be a big-time overdog in CS.  And I'd break my "never buy
new" rule to get one.

> 92' Miata, x-csp...now has 191k smiles and still humilates on a daily
basis

Aw, c'mon.  Your Miata is a quite capable car.  You don't need to feel
humiliated by it ;)

Scot
'91 Miata, CS-sorta-P