Re: How racers drive

To: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Subject: Re: How racers drive
From: "Kevin Lahey" <kml@patheticgeek.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 18:10:07 -0800
In message <NBBBKJCMBEMCOOJCJHKGAEGBBCAF.mrclem@telocity.com>,
"Michael R. Clements" writes:

>It's not about skills. Skills are great but something like 75% of all
>collisions would be prevented if people simply paid attention and drove
>defensively.

I'd certainly like to pick up better Situational Awareness skills.
I've been trying very hard to concentrate while I drive, but I
been wonder what activities could improve my SA the same way that
autocross has worked wonders for my car handling.  Karting?  Road
racing?

I'd be tempted to say motorcycling, but I'm not sure I'd survive
the learning process...

Thanks,

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net