Re: The beauty of all wheel drive??? (long)

To: J C <veloimpreza@yahoo.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The beauty of all wheel drive??? (long)
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 23:36:13 -0800
my friend stuart paxed #1 at least once in his AWD talon.  i rode with him
several times, and typical rules apply (go slow in slow parts and fast in
fast parts), but if he got into trouble he would straighten the wheel and
floor it.

i drove my brother's 1995 WRX (in new zealand and RHD!), and found it had so
much more traction than power i had to drive pretty wild, even upsetting the
suspension on purpose to get it loose enough so i could steer it.  that car
has a spool in the rear!  that one has the single large turbo, and required
left foot braking and mashing the throttle before you stopped braking and
long before an apex.  great car though.

HTH,

-james "slip angle" creasy

PS stuart, incidently, even though he has access to cars like the E42 M3,
bentley arnage, V12 mercedes coupes, prefers to drive a 2002 WRX (or his
miata)  we did a little stop light derby in it and polished off a porsche
911, and 300xz turbo and i forget what else.  feels faster than 227 hp,
thats for sure.