Re: Round 17 DNFs

To: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Subject: Re: Round 17 DNFs
From: Geoff Mohler <gemohler@www.speedtoys.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:32:41 -0700 (PDT)
> I guess what I'm saying is that I don't feel that particular issue was
> part of the "Nationals Style", it was either just a course anomaly or an
> unintended consequence.
---
Agreed.  From other comments it looks like this style of course offers
people who dont prepare for an AutoX *dont walk and observe the course
beforehand* an idea why its important to do so.

I dont MIND a course thats easy to navigate blindly, but I would think it
would be more appropriate to scatter course designs that do require
pre-race preparation as an important part of a points-race thru the
season.

Im by no means saying that any course is easy, but the course deisgn
should try to push people to learn more about the whole sport and how to
prepare for it rather than always being able to run in blindly and
expect a good finish..and last weekends course seems to have pointed that
out to at least one person.

---
*New & Improved: http://www.speedtoys.com *