Re: Round 17 DNFs

To: Geoff Mohler <gemohler@www.speedtoys.com>
Subject: Re: Round 17 DNFs
From: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:07:21 -0700 (PDT)
I understand what you're saying, and "nationals style" vs "regional
style" is a whole 'nother debate, but let me clarify my intent:

 I don't consider (and I don't think Charlie does either) "national style"
courses to be more visually challenging than "regional style" courses.  NS
courses do often have design elements that can lead you into poor line
choices if you just follow the cones, and they often have fewer cones and
more gates than RS courses, but they are not typically hard to navigate.

I found that particular location on Sat's course difficult not only
because of the sparse cones, but because it was inconsistent with the cone
spacing/marking of most of the rest of the course.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't feel that particular issue was
part of the "Nationals Style", it was either just a course anomaly or an
unintended consequence.

KeS