Forwarded message

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded message
From: List Administration <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 11:35:45 -0700 (MST)
For some reason, this was sent to me rather than ba-autox@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

     Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 00:19:02 -0800
     From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
     Subject: Re: Kent

"Anthony Tabacco" <atabacco@california.com>  writes:
> On page 44 of the just arrived issue of Sports Car, there is a picture of
> the track at Kent Washington. It shows some of the original Trans Am cars
> descending through the esses. The whole twisty part was all at a lower level
> which made for good viewing.

My dad was one of the founders of the track, way back when it was
called "Pacific Raceways" instead of "Seattle International
Raceway". He even saved an old poster from one of the races which is
now hanging framed on my wall. There are two sports racers of some
sort and the text "Northwest Grand Prix for Sports Cars, Sept. 28-29,
1963, Pacific Raceways FIA-SCCA". My dad said it was quite the event
with Phil Hill and all sorts of cool drivers/cars. Went to the vintage
races at SIR last July 4 and there was Mr Hill some 37 years later
still racing like no time had past. I think some friend of the family
may have a film from that long-ago Grand Prix, I'll have to see if I
can locate it.

The track has fallen into disrepair as of late and no longer meets
SCCA standards, Sometime in the next year the lease runs out and
supposedly the plan is to fix it up to international standards and
change the name back to Pacific Raceways. I hope that is the case as
it's sad to see it run down like it is.

- Alan Dahl
  ___   ____     Alan Dahl               | home: adahl@eskimo.com
 /_ /   /  /     Federal Way, WA, USA    | work: Alan.Dahl@PSS.boeing.com