RE: Brakes at Laguna (was: c2 automotive)

To: Carl Merritt <cmerritt@ati.com>,
Subject: RE: Brakes at Laguna (was: c2 automotive)
From: Sharon Levy <esslevy@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:47:37 -0800 (PST)
> AutoX content:  Use the right brake pad for the
> right environment.  One of
> my ClubZ guys didn't have time to swap out his R4
> race pads from a
> Thunderhill trip before a very cold AutoX at GGF.
> Not surprisingly, his car
> didn't stop very well ;-).
>
> -Carl

Am I the only one with the opposite experience with
the R4 pads?  I love them for autocross and, when I
had the stock calipers on my car, left them in for the
street (despite the noise).  However, I took them to
the track and toasted them in a single day at
Buttonwillow (I still have the warped, melted backing
plates to prove it).  They required next to no warm
up, but maybe driving the big, heavy lug of an Audi
contributes :-)

My current Ferodo's in my Alcons do indeed suck at the
autocross, though :-(

Sharon

http://shopping.yahoo.com/