More on Lotus Elise family

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, dl-autox@netapp.com
Subject: More on Lotus Elise family
From: Patrick Jones <axng4me@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 20:05:49 -0700 (PDT)
I was talking with Lotus NA the other day and heard some very
interesting news...

No, it's not being homologated.  Sigh.  But they have sold in the US:

38 Elise Sport 190s
11 340Rs
7 Motorsports

and the real cool news is that they are bringing in 6-7 Lotus Exige
into the US.  And they aren't sold - yet!

The Exige is an Elise with a Motorpsorts type coupe body.  It will have
the same engine as mine, the Rover K rated at 190bhp and 134 lb-ft
torque.  The good news is that the coupe makes it stiffer and is wider.
 Meaning it will accept a reasonable wheel and you can get a full slick
on it (I can't as of yet).  It will also have the bigger Motorsports
brakes.

The Exige will be in a few colors and sell right at $60K.

The Motorsports is a real cool machine, rated at 210-215 bhp and has an
even wider body.  It has straight cut gears, a Quaiffe LSD, cockpit
adjustable brake bias with 4-pot calipers all around.  It is a very
stiffling cocpit though as the windows do not move, or they are
removed.  This one sells for $72K.

There is a new header available and a couple other goodies that should
give me over 210 bhp real soon.  1480 lb cars need that, don't cha
think?

patrick

http://im.yahoo.com/