Re: Vehicle eligibility

To: Scot Zediker <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Vehicle eligibility
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrc01@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 18:21:47 -0700
Interestingly, according to that criteria, the AM General Hummer
would be an autocrossable vehicle. Despite its amazingly high
ground clearance, it's so wide and the suspension is so stiff
that it has very little body roll, and slides rather than rolls
when you reach cornering limits (of around 0.65 G). Of course
with 6,000 lbs. and 195 horsepower it would need a category all
its own.