Wheel Spacers

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheel Spacers
From: semclane@earthlink.net (Sterling McLane)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 19:33:02 -0700
Just passing along a little information that may be of use to my fellow
autocrossers:

Last weekend, due to several factors including an engine rebuild that is
back in the shop one more time for smoking, I spent quality time with my
son Rod, along with Katie and Ralph Elder as Katie drove Rod and Kevin
McCormick's old MR2 at Sears Point.  A slight problem was encountered that
while solved by using my autocross wheels and tires (BTW Khumo's get real
sticky after being warmed by a few laps on a track), led to a web search
for longer wheel lugs this week.  The result was a site that some of you
may be aware of already, but for others, it might be worth looking at and
bookmarking for later reference....

http://www.nascarplace.com/hrspacers/

And in spite of the name, it doesn't appear to be at all associated with
NASCAR stockers.

WHat I found to be cool lwas that not only can we get the longer lugs we
were looking for, but even for a lowly Mk1 MR2 we can get real hub-centric
H&R spacers instead of having to resort to generic spacers.

* Sterling McLane         *
* semclane@earthlink.net  *