Street Mod Rookie tires

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Street Mod Rookie tires
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 08:43:13 EDT
I've been advised that there has been a recent thread regarding eligible
tires for SM-Rookie.  I can't find it in the volumes of mail I've recently
received.  Here's $.02 from the SFR Solo 2 Region Chief.  SM normally runs on
"DOT" tires, making it a class somewhere between Stock and Prepared
categories, like SP, for instance.  In all other cases, Rookie drivers in a
car which would normally be allowed to run on DOT "R" compound tires in a
regular class have to run on tires with a 120 treadwear rating or higher in
their respective Rookie class.  ONLY cars allowed to run on race tires
(non-DOT, ie "slicks") can run on such (non DOT) tires in a Rookie class.
So, SM-R runs on 120 or higher street rubber.  Unless someone from the
Steering Committee thinks this is a topic for next Tuesday, that would pretty
much be the policy of SFR Solo 2...

CHD
(back to bed now...)