Group Think

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Group Think
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 15:13:47 -0700
Okay, so here's what's happening. I'm in the process of brainstorming ideas
for an "Advanced Autocross Handbook." Here's my quandry: though I think
something like this would help many an autocrosser, maybe, I have NO IDEA
what should go in it. There are things that I just don't think about, and I
just assume no one ever thinks about this stuff either.

There already exists Kate Hughes' "Novice Handbook." This is an excellent
guide for getting started in autocross. What we're thinking of are more
advanced topics.

My problem is, what is "advanced?" For me, personally, the more "advanced" I
become, the less I think.

So, first I'm trying to determine what autocross skills would fall under
"beginning" and what would fall under "advanced," or even intermediate. I'm
asking you, the autocross people of the San Francisco Bay Area, to tell me
what you think more advanced autocrossers should think about, versus what
beginners should think about.

Do you think psychology comes more into play? What about set-up? Do you
worry about that more than before, when you were beginning? If you're
interested in an advanced autocrossing guide, what sort of topics would you
like to see covered?

I'm not anywhere near the writing stage. Just looking for some ideas.

Thanks!

Katie

Happiness is the best cosmetic.