What is a sports car?

To: Bay_Area_Autocross_List <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: What is a sports car?
From: Greg Umbay <greg_umbay@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 15:19:43 -0700 (PDT)
--0-596516649-960329983=:24394

 I am wondering about the rules for the street mod and street touring classes.
One of the statments reads

"All sedans/coupes (four seats, four factory seat belts, not sports car based),
maximum displacement 3.1L, normally aspirated. "

My question is what does the the SCCA consider non sports car based?  I have
asked the question casually and there are many responses.  Does SFR have a
supplemental regulation regarding this definintion of a sports car?

Greg Umbay

Street Touring -S

http://streettouring.homepage.com

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
--0-596516649-960329983=:24394

<P>&nbsp;I am wondering about the rules for the street mod and street touring
classes.&nbsp; One of the statments reads</P>
<P>"<FONT color=#000000>All sedans/coupes (four seats, four factory seat belts,
not sports car based), maximum displacement 3.1L, normally aspirated.</FONT>
"<BR></P>
<P>My question is what does the the SCCA consider non sports car based?&nbsp; I
have asked the question casually and there are many responses.&nbsp; Does SFR
have a supplemental regulation regarding this definintion of a sports car?</P>
<P>Greg
 Touring -S</P>
--0-596516649-960329983=:24394--