SFR at it's best!

To: Bay Area Autocross <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: SFR at it's best!
From: Greg Umbay <greg_umbay@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 07:55:36 -0700 (PDT)
--0-719885386-960216936=:28464

Just wanted to let all know about the most honorable act of Chok Balmaceda.
Eric West suffered a damaged tire to his #24 Purple Haze Civic SI. After his
second run I saw Eric pull out of thie grid with a look of disappointment. As
he passed by he let me know that he was done for the day. Immediately Barry
Chafin and I were trying to figure out how we could get Eric back out for one
last run. After all after his two runs he was holding the day's 1st place in
ST. Eric returned to the grid without his car and explained his tire problem.
Then I had looked to the starting line and I saw the Cal Trans Integra but the
Dynamic Duo of Chok and Sobie were standing on the grid. Strapped in and ready
to go was Eric West.  Chok stepped up and gave Eric his 3rd run in the Cal
Trans Integra. Eric ran a time that looked to be a great time, then a cone
after the finish lights.

Yesterday the camaraderie and teamwork of SFR was displayed at its best. Great
Job Chok!

Street Touring -S

http://streettouring.homepage.com

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
--0-719885386-960216936=:28464

<FONT size=2>
<P>Just wanted to let all know about the most honorable act of Chok Balmaceda.
Eric West suffered a damaged tire to his #24 Purple Haze Civic SI. After his
second run I saw Eric pull out of thie grid with a look of disappointment. As
he passed by he let me know that he was done for the day. Immediately Barry
Chafin and I were trying to figure out how we could get Eric back out for one
last run. After all after his two runs he was holding the day's 1st place in
ST. Eric returned to the grid without his car and explained his tire problem.
Then I had looked to the starting line and I saw the Cal Trans Integra but the
Dynamic Duo of Chok and Sobie were standing on the grid. Strapped in and ready
to go was Eric West.&nbsp; Chok stepped up and gave Eric his 3rd run in the Cal
Trans Integra. Eric ran a time that looked to be a great time, then a cone
after the finish lights. </P>
<P>Yesterday the camaraderie and teamwork of SFR was displayed at its best.
Great Job Chok!&nbsp;
 Touring -S</P>
--0-719885386-960216936=:28464--