Checkerefd Flag Stickers

To: "Bay_Area_Autocross_List" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Checkerefd Flag Stickers
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 08:59:59 -0700
Did you get a little AUTOCROSS checkered flag in your
event results?  That's the SFR SCCA "First Place Trophy"
First place in every class gets one.  I don't think this is
documented anywhere -- anyway I never saw it.
(If you don't put your zip on your card, yours could be lost!)

When I first started, I threw them away, thinking
 "heck, what a cheap dash plaque"

(In "the old days", a metal or plastic sticky plate was given to
every entrant at every event.  Really old days, these might be
engraved brass -- very cool, and you could make up a neat
collection on your dash, if you had room.  Old sports cars did)

Then I found out they mean something.  Now I mark each with
the date in indelible ink.

Checkered flag etiquette:  I think it's cool to magnetize them and
plaster them on the side of the car like on the side of old warplanes.
Some people (esp. more prepared cars) stick them permanently
in the windows.  Others feel this is overly braggy and "in your face".
Most people don't know what they are all about. If you see them
on a car, it means somebody who has won some events, and who has
has an extroverted or defensive personality (your pick).  A win is
a win, however.

Jerry

Jerry Mouton        mailto:jerry@moutons.org    Laissez les bons temps
rouler!