Re: Autocross Widow

To: Miata@pacbell.net, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Autocross Widow
From: Nandaholz@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 11:58:00 EDT
Hey Sherry, I have put my wife Nora in the same situation...where she has a
party or something she wants me to attend and "I have to go racing." Thus I
chose to run a different autox series, like Nasa which has only one friggin
event per month, making scheduling non-autox time together much easier. If
there is a free weekend where she has no plans and there is an autox
nearby...I am there. The AAS for example runs I believe 7 double weekend
Saturday and Sunday, so if you could give him those weekends to get his autox
fix, that leaves 44 other weekends for family fun.

Someday Nora and I plan to have kids...and when they are old enough to autox,
I hope they will want to. If I burn them when they are young by being selfish
about autox and missing out on their important events, then they may acquire
a bad taste for autox and want nothing to do with it. I know Dennis took the
CSP-R title last year, and for me that would be enough..."been there done
that" hunt for the championship feeling. This sport is addicting and
expensive in both $ and personal time. Its hard to say what is the best
answer in your case. For me I am happy to be at any autox AAS, CSCC, NASA, or
even SCCA, and chasing for the championship is not a bid deal.

Hopefully you and Dennis can work this thing through...maybe I will see him
at more NASA events ;)
~Nanda and UFO...sometimes we all need a break from autox