FW: NorPac Divisional

To: "'garymac@usa.net'" <garymac@usa.net>
Subject: FW: NorPac Divisional
From: "Miller, Reginald R." <reginald.miller@unisys.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 17:55:53 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Miller, Reginald R.
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2000 11:55 AM
To: 'Fresno Chapter SCCA'; Sean & Jeannine Breese
Cc: Team. net (E-mail)
Subject: RE: NorPac Divisional

Hi Gary,

Let me give you a little background on the Pro Solo date. In the early part
of the year Fresno Chapter got on the National schedule to hold the Pro Solo
on April 29-30 in Atwater. Due to circumstances beyond their control the
Atwater site became unavailable and hence the Pro Solo didn't have a home to
run in the Northern California area. Sacramento Chapter was approached by
several people, including the National Office, to see if we could provide a
site for the event. After much discussion with the command structure at
McClellan A.F.B. Sacramento Chapter received approval to hold an event on
April 29-30 at McClellan. Subsequently, the National Office decided to hold
the Pro Solo on April 29-30 at Lemoore. Politically, Sacramento Chapter
couldn't go back to the Base Commander at McClellan and tell him we didn't
want the date. So we decided to put on a Test & Tune on Saturday and a Mini
Enduro on Sunday for those people who may want to autocross and don't plan
on running the Pro Solo. So that's kind of the story. We try to avoid
conflicts with National events and even other local S.C.C.A. events. In this
case we got stuck and are trying to make the best of it without complaint.

Ray Miller
Assistant Chapter Exec.
S.C.C.A. Sacramento Chapter