Re: New BFG tire?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New BFG tire?
From: "Jason H. Liao" <jhliao@cory.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 18:40:25 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Phil Esra wrote:

> tirerack has something about it on their website, I think (their
> webmaster posted something to team.dorkus a couple of weeks ago). It
> SOUNDS like they basically took the g-Force and softened the sidewalls,
> to make it handle more like a Kumho (predictable/effective at high slip
> angles). Not sure about the price...

Just to add a bit, according to Tire Rack, the new g-Force R1A works
better on, and is intended for, cars that have more "race-tuned"
suspensions and better weight distribution.  It looks like it will only be
made in the larger sizes (mostly 16"s and up).  The regular R1 will be
made in the smaller sizes (up to some 16"s and 17"s).  See the website for
more info:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/bfg/bf_r1_y2k.htm

-Jason

Jason H. Liao