Re: Check Engine Light

To: "Debbie Cunningham" <bartsmom@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: Check Engine Light
From: "Mike Allendorfer" <mwa96imp@regionofdoom.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 22:17:47 -0800
Debbie:  You run the risk of posioning the catalytic converter with the O2
sensor Tango Uniform.  The sensor tells the Fuel Injection system how much
fuel to dump into the cylinders.  With the sensor out, you run the risk of
too much fuel and overheating the cat.  This makes it much harder to pass
the smog inspection when due.  I would take the precaution of getting a
precheck before hooking up for real when you go for the next smog
inspection.
Mike "I've replaced a couple of those sensors on my Civic SI" Allendorfer