Re: Phoenix Divisional

To: Darren Madams <darren@madams.com>
Subject: Re: Phoenix Divisional
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrc01@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 15:04:27 -0800
Darren Madams wrote:
> I would seriously consider buying a Motorola TalkAbout... they seem
> to have become the standard and work pretty well for car2car and at
> the events.  Everyone who's anyone has them :)

I tried my talkabout in the car a few times and it didn't seem to
work too well. . . range was only 1/2 mile or so. It works better
in open spaces. My CB works a lot better in the car. Not
surprising, considering it has 4 watts output (compared to 0.5
watts for the talkabout) and a big long SWR tuned antenna. It has
a range of 5-10 miles easily. And CBs are cheaper too. You can
get a decent Midland 40 channel radio for about 30 bucks and a
decent tunable antenna at Radio shack for another 20 bucks.

So, that's a 10-10 on the Talkabout due to 10-1, so I had to 10-3
on the Talkabout and give a 10-4 to the CB radio for 10-2, and
now I get 10-15.