Re: AP proposal in NAP

To: pethier@isd.net, evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: AP proposal in NAP
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:21:55 -0500
--On Thursday, March 17, 2005 1:56 PM -0600 pethier@isd.net wrote:
> I agree with the writer in the NAP this month that weighing without the
> driver unfairly penalizes both light cars and heavy drivers.

Right.  That's true in every class that has minimum weights that weighs
without driver (all of Prepared).  That's why the MAC pushed through
weighing with driver for DM/EM.  The AP Committee wanted to stick with
the Prepared paradigm; anyone who feels that Prepared should weigh with
driver should be writing a letter to the SEB and PAC at seb@scca.com.

> This pretty-much sucks.  If your car has no headliner, plan on swapping in
> a twin-cam engine from someplace.

Huh?  That's only true in AP; if your car is in some other Prepared class
(and most of them are), then you can't necessarily swap motors.

> So, if these rules go into effect, when would it be?

2006 or 2007, depending how much revision they need as a result of member
feedback.

Mark