Re: annual tech and online rules?

Subject: Re: annual tech and online rules?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 01:48:31 -0600
The online rules are informational. The printed copy is the ultimate
authority should any dispute arise.

Of course, one reason for having a hardcopy rulebook is for when any dispute
arises.  :-)

You only need the hardcopy if you are a "serious" autocrosser, and it
follows if you are into it enough that you are going to tours, pros,
divisionals and nationals you are 1) a serious autocrosser and 2) into it
deeply enough a rulebook is a minor blip in the budget. It is not required
to be in your possession if all you do are local events (nor is membership
required usually, for that matter). But now, for that newbie who'd like to
be able to look at the book, you have a place to send him. This is a Good
Thing.

--Rocky Entriken