Re: Wendover Pro?????

To: "David W. James" <vnend@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Wendover Pro?????
From: Rex Tener <rex_tener@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:39:55 -0700
At 11:20 AM 7/22/2003 -0400, David W. James wrote:
>I was surfing around, looking at solo schedules out in Arizona a few weeks
>ago and noticed that the Phoenix region runs their summer events at night.
>Meanwhile the group in Sierra Vista (about 2 2.5 hours southeast of
>Tucson) start running at 9:30 AM Sunday mornings...

Hi David,

I went to high school and college in southern Arizona, and in general it is
much cooler than Phoenix.  I guess a better phrase is, it is less hot.  :-)

Sierra Vista is typically ten to twenty degrees cooler than
Phoenix.  Sierra Vista is really the high desert at 4600 foot elevation and
surrounded by mountains south and west.  Here are the forecasts for this
week which show around a 20 degree temperature difference:

Phoenix:

         <http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USAZ0166>

Sierra Vista:

         <http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USAZ0214>