Re: Thunk in my suspension

To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: Re: Thunk in my suspension
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 19:51:02 -0500
----- Original Message -----
> > Help me, please.  I have a thunk in my Street Touring S '98 Neon's
> passenger
> > front suspension and I'm having trouble diagnosing it.  It is only on
the
> > passenger front corner.  The driver's side makes no unexpected noises
A-HA!!!  I found the problem.  It's the passenger side rear lower control
arm bushing.  The rubber "center" has completely detached itself from the
press-in metal cylinder allowing it to move freely in a decidedly up and
down fashion.  There's nearly 3/4" of space for it to move around in!

No harm, no foul.  It's not going anywhere until I get it replaced.  But at
least now I know what's causing the darn noise.

Thanks to all who made suggestions.  Oh yes, the rubber swaybar end link
bushing is overdue for replacement as well.  (Long story, but there's 7 poly
bushings and one OE rubber bushing on the end links.  I lost one while
installing the bushings so I reused a rubber one.)

Eric Linnhoff
www.geocities.com/eric10mm/KnuckleDragger
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a
relief denied even to prayer."
Mark Twain