Re: Driving from Washington to Pennsylvania

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Driving from Washington to Pennsylvania
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <pullg@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:24:40 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop487@attbi.com>

> I80 through Wyoming is also quite windy (as in the wind blows a lot). But
> there are plenty of gas stops, Litte Americas, and the grade up out of
Salt
> Lake City is a haul. I might suggest going across 90 and dropping down to
> 80. Never done any of this in the winter. I noticed in early Sept. there
are
> many 'gates" across Wyoming's I80 that can close the highway. I80 across
> Nebraska os fine, flat pretty much. After that, we usually turn south to
> Topeka. :)

I should add that I've done the ends of I-80 -- Sacramento to Cheyenne, and
Illinois to NYC -- in the winter.  That stretch across Wyoming is like
crossing the face of the moon...I've still never figured out who actually
lives there!  If you're not towing, though, the wind's not too bad.

My evaluation of the Indiana-Ohio stretch could be flawed -- "rough" is
I-294 around Chicago, or I-295 in D.C....both of which compare favorably
only with roads with shell craters in them....

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr