Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: SP rules

To: scotty@naykidracing.com, deleon@sstar.com
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: SP rules
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 17:52:38 EST
In a message dated 1/12/02 11:08:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,
scotty@naykidracing.com writes:

> Trying to control "stock" shocks makes as much sense as trying to control
> ECM Progamming...
>
> Geeze what a difference some knowledge makes huh Mark? ;-)
>
> If you limit shocks to stock appearing you will only raise the cost of
> having good shocks and limit the number further of the people who will have
> the good ones and you will "NEVER" be able to police it!
>
> C'mon gang, this is the 90's ;-)

Ding, Ding, Ding!!!  Give that man a cigar!  That's exactly the problem.
Then, when I protest Scotty's "stock appearing shocks" we have to cut one
each of his front and rear shocks apart and measure all the components
involved in valving and do the same with a front and a rear from a dealership
parts dept.  And if I'm wrong, my teardown bond is how much?  You can't even
do it with a shock dyno, because you can't protest the performance of an
item, only its specifications.

Charlie