Re: Failed NOx emissions. HELP!!!!

To: "!Team dot net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Failed NOx emissions. HELP!!!!
From: "Will Kalman" <will@kalman.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 13:50:28 -0800
Check your A/F ratio, you may be running lean which raises combustion temps
and increases NOx.  With the engine swap, you also took care with all the
engine management things, right?

Without air rushing over them, the headers probably aren't bleeding off
enough heat to cause the cat to fail to light up.  Make sure the car is
fully warmed up to be sure.

Burning oil is not a guarantee to fail emissions.  My last smog check was
before I rebuilt my engine (@ 212,000 miles) because of burning oil, and I
passed smog just fine.

Will Kalman
'91 Escort GT