Re: Subject: No Autox on TV please

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Subject: No Autox on TV please
From: Andrew Schmiechen <aschmiechen@discovercolor.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:16:06 -0500
> I empathize with you about getting overwhelmed with entrants (with your
> 280 drivers). I think we're seeing this all over the country. However,

--- SNIP ---

> we increased fees 25% and only
> reduced entries by 15%. So now we are taking in more money but having a
> little smaller event (177 versus 210). It's supply and demand. (Lots of

I wish I had these problems.  Our club is non-SCCA.  Our average attendance
last year was 43 drivers.  With the small number of drivers, everyone gets 6
timed runs and three practice runs.  We had two events last year that we had
8 timed runs per person.

Now I don't want to eliminate our practice runs and 6 timed runs, but I'm
sure we could accommodate 75 drivers easily.  With a new timing system
coming later in the year, we'll hopefully be prepared to accommodate even
more.  Now if I could just find a cheap way to attract more drivers.

-A.

--
Andrew Schmiechen
Madison Sports Car Club