Re: best roadster?

To: "Dr. Stuart Strickland" <stuart@strickland.net>,
Subject: Re: best roadster?
From: Chris Eckles <MRoadster@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 08:43:00 -0400
Ah, yes, the new M Roadster.  Since the new e46 M3 (with the same new
motor, taller, heavier, and (I assume, still) narrower) is slated for the
fastest SS class, and the current M Roadster is slated for the slower SS
(to be AS) class, I assume that the newly engine'd M Roadster and Coupe
will be in the fastest class.  Which I think is fair.  Where they will
continue to be underdogs, as the current M Roadster is in the current SS.
But for the same good reason - too much for the lower class.  I have seen
much on the proposed change (including the two classings mentioned), but
this new car has not been mentioned.  I sent a letter mentioning it to the
SCAC.

As usual, this post contains few facts and nearly all opinion.

Chris Eckles
White M Roadster (Hey, they did a color pic of my car in the ad in GRM!)
Pink & White 1960 Metropolitan Convertible

>that reminds me.  When the new M engine gets dropped into the M roadster,
will they A) move both the models up a class, B) put the newer one in a
higher class, or C) leave the old model in the original class and dump the
new roadster with 75 more horsepower (315 vs 240) in the same spot?

Any ideas?  Opinions welcome as long as they are declared as such <grin>

<